CTL-1250 Series Current Transformers
|This product line is no longer being stocked, information is for legacy purposes.|
Split-Core Current Transformer
Revenue Grade Accuracy
—Low Phase Angle Error
Window Opening 1.25 Inch, 250 and 400 Rated Amps
The CTL-1250 series CTs with option C0.6 are revenue grade, split-core current transformers with excellent linearity and phase angle accuracy.
- Safe: burden resistor built-in, 333 mVac voltage output at rated full scale current, no shorting blocks needed
- IEEE C57.13 and IEC 60044-1 accuracy: over full temperature range
- Very low phase angle error: essential for accurate power and energy measurements
- Glove-friendly: easy to open and install while wearing safety gloves
- Approvals: UL Listed, CE Mark, RoHS
- Patent Pending
- Download: CTL-1250-Datasheet.pdf
|CTL-1250-250 Opt C0.6||250||350||call|
|CTL-1250-400 Opt C0.6||400||600||call|
- Note: The CTL-1250 CTs are only available with option C0.6, indicating IEEE C57.13 class 0.6 accuracy.
- List prices for quantity 1 to 30 pieces. Call for pricing on larger quantities.
- Max Amps is the recommended maximum continuous current. For best accuracy with the WattNode® meter, we recommend operating no higher than the rated amps.
- Graphs show typical performance at 23°C, 60 Hz
- Graph shows a positive phase angle when the output leads the primary current.
All CTL-1250 model specifications are for operation at 60 Hz. The accuracy specifications apply over the full operating temperature range (-30°C to 55°C) unless otherwise noted.
Option C0.6 Accuracy
With Option C0.6, the Accu-CT is calibrated and verified to meet IEEE/ANSI C57.13-2008 class 0.6 accuracy and IEC 60044-1 class 0.5 S accuracy and each CT is shipped with a certificate of calibration.
- ±0.50% from 15% to 100% of rated primary current
- ±0.75% from 1% to 15% of rated primary current
- Phase angle:
- ±0.25 degrees (15 minutes) from 50% to 100% of rated current
- ±0.50 degrees (30 minutes) from 5% to 50% of rated current
- ±0.75 degrees (45 minutes) from 1% to 5% of rated current
- IEEE C57.13 accuracy: class 0.6 from 10% to 100% of rated current
- IEC 60044-1 accuracy: class 0.5 and 0.5 S from 1% to 120% of rated current
- Primary rating: 250 and 400 amps nominal, 600 Vac, 60 Hz nominal
- Measurement category/ CAT III
- Maximum continuous primary amps: see Models table above
- Maximum primary conductor gauge: 750 kcmil (see Wire Gauges)
- Note, the largest size may not fit in all cases, depending on insulation thickness.
- Output: 333.33 mVac
- Internal burden resistance: less than 10 ohms
- Output lead wires:
- Standard length: 8 ft (2.4 m)
- Gauge: #18 AWG
- Type: MTW, UL 1015
- Voltage: 600 Vac
- Style: Two conductor: white and black, twisted
- Width: 3.27 inches nominal (83.0 mm)
- Height: 3.17 inches (80.5 mm)
- Thickness: 1.38 inches (35.0 mm)
- Window: 1.25 x 1.30 inches (31.7 x 33.0 mm)
- Weight: 11.3 oz (320 grams)
- Operating temperature: -30°C to 55°C
- UL listed: file number E359088 (FTRZ), standard UL 916
- cUL listed (Canada): file number E359088 (FTRZ7), standard CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 1010.1 (1992)
- CE mark: IEC 60044-1; Declaration of Conformity
- Assembled in USA, qualified under the Buy American provision in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).
- Label barcode: QR Code, “Model ; SerialNum”
All CTL-1250 models come with Option C0.6 indicating that they meet IEEE/ANSI C57.13-2008 class 0.6 accuracy and IEC 60044-1 class 0.5 and class 0.5 S accuracy from -30°C to 55°C (see CT Accuracy Standards).
- Accuracy improves to ±0.5% from 1% to 120% of rated primary current from -30°C to 55°C.
- Phase angle improves to ±0.25 degrees from 1% to 120% of rated primary current from -30°C to 55°C.
- Includes a certificate of calibration
- Order option C0.6,N if you need the C0.6 accuracy, but do not need a certificate of calibration.
- Download: CTL-1250-Datasheet.pdf
- Current Transformers (table listing all models)
- CT Accuracy Standards
- CT Selection
- CT Opening Size vs. Conductor Size
- Measuring Multiple Circuits with One CT
Warning: Hazardous Voltages – Only qualified personnel or licensed electricians should install the WattNode meter and current transformers.