Easier AC Current Measurement
The CTRC Rogowski coil current transformers are accurate, flexible, rope-like current sensors that can be installed around conductors or bus bars. They greatly simplify AC current measurements of conductors where traditional split-core and solid-core CTs are difficult to use. With its flexible design, the CTRC is perfect for large bus bars and irregular-shaped conductor bundles. In addition, the small profile of the coil allows it to fit into tight spaces where rigid CTs won’t fit.
Fully Compatible with WattNode® Meters
Sold individually, the CTRC coils can be used for single-phase and three-phase services. The output of the CTRC’s coil is shipped connected to a matching conditioning module. The module integrated the output of the coil and scales the output to 333.33 mVac, which is compatible with any WattNode meter.
Four standard models are offered covering various conductor sizes and currents up to 6000 Amps. Non-stocked currents ranges are available as custom orders. CTRC Rogowski coils are supplied with the conditioning module pre-wire to coil. The module ships with 8 ft. (2.4 m) of standard black and white twisted pair wires for connection to the WattNode meter.
- Safe: 333 mVac output at rated full scale current—no need for shorting blocks!
- Low phase angle error: essential for accurate power and energy measurements
- Approvals: UL Recognized, CE Mark, RoHS
|Model||Rated Amps||Coil Diameter||MSRP|
|CTRC-03100-0250||250||3.15″ (8.0 cm)||$181.50 each|
|CTRC-03100-0400||400||3.15″ (8.0 cm)||$165.00 each|
|CTRC-03100-0600||600||3.15″ (8.0 cm)||$181.50 each|
|CTRC-03100-1000||1000||3.15″ (8.0 cm)||$181.50 each|
|CTRC-04500-1000||1000||4.5″ (11.4 cm)||$170.00 each|
|CTRC-04500-1600||1600||4.5″ (11.4 cm)||$187.50 each|
|CTRC-04500-2000||2000||4.5″ (11.4 cm)||$187.50 each|
|CTRC-07500-1000||1000||7.5″ (19.0 cm)||$192.50 each|
|CTRC-07500-1600||1600||7.5″ (19.0 cm)||$192.50 each|
|CTRC-07500-2000||2000||7.5″ (19.0 cm)||$175.00 each|
|CTRC-07500-3200||3200||7.5″ (19.0 cm)||$192.50 each|
|CTRC-07500-4000||4000||7.5″ (19.0 cm)||$192.50 each|
|CTRC-12000-2000||2000||12.0″ (30.5 cm)||$218.90 each|
|CTRC-12000-3200||3200||12.0″ (30.5 cm)||$218.90 each|
|CTRC-12000-4000||4000||12.0″ (30.5 cm)||$199.00 each|
|CTRC-12000-5000||5000||12.0″ (30.5 cm)||$218.90 each|
|CTRC-12000-6000||6000||12.0″ (30.5 cm)||$218.90 each|
- Rated Amps in bold are stock items.
- List prices for quantity 1 to 30 pieces. Call for pricing on larger quantities.
A DC power supply is required for the CTRC conditioning module. One power supply can operate twelve conditioning module.
|Model||Type||Output Voltage||Output Current||MSRP|
|MDR-10-12||DIN-rail||12 Vdc||0.84 Amps||$28.00 each|
- Output wires: 8 feet (2.4 m), 22 AWG, white / black twisted
- May be extended to 100 feet (30 m)
- Optional: up to 100 feet (30 m)
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz nominal
- Maximum voltage: 600 Vac
- Maximum safe amperage: >10,000A. Unlike conventional CTs, Rogowski coil CTs have negligible secondary current (typically less than one microamp) and very low secondary voltages (typically less than 100 mVac), so even during extreme overcurrent, the secondary voltage, current, and power dissipation will all be very low.
- Measurement category: CAT III, 600 Vac
- UL recognized: file number E344623 (PICQ2), UL standard 61010B-1
All measurements at 77°F (25°C) and 60 Hz unless otherwise noted.
- Accuracy: ±1.0% of reading from 5% to 120% of rated primary current
- Conductor position sensitivity: Additional error due to the location of the conductor within the coil
|CTRC-03100||No added error||±1.5%||±5.0%|
|CTRC-04500||No added error||±1.0%||±4.0%|
|CTRC-07500||No added error||±1.0%||±4.0%|
|CTRC-12000||No added error||±1.0%||±3.0%|
- External conductor sensitivity: ±2.0% of full-scale maximum (to clarify, if an external conductor carrying this CT’s rated current is just touching this CT, then the output of this CT may change by up to ±2.0% of the rated current)
- CTRC-03100 models only: ±2.5% of full-scale maximum
- Positioned at corner: ±1.0% maximum (if the CT is installed at a sharp bend of the conductor being measured)
- CTRC-03100 models only: ±2.0% maximum
- Additional error due temperature variation: ±1.5% from -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
- Phase angle: ±0.50 degrees (30 minutes) from 5% to 120% of rated current
- Conductor position sensitivity: ±0.10 degrees max
- External conductor sensitivity: ±0.25 degrees max
- Positioned in corner: ±0.10 degrees maximum
- Varying temperature: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C): ±0.10 degrees
- Output at rated amps: 333.33 mVac (one-third volt)
- Maximum output: 1.3 Vac
- Power requirements: 10 to 30 Vdc (12 Vdc or 24 Vdc recommended), 50 mA typical, 70 mA maximum
- Operating temperature: –4°F to 140°F (–20°C to 60°C)
- Operating humidity: Non-condensing, 5 to 90% relative humidity (RH)
- Pollution: POLLUTION DEGREE 2
- Indoor use: Suitable for indoor use.
- Outdoor use: Suitable for outdoor use when mounted in a NEMA 3R or 4 (IP 66) rated enclosure.
5 Year limited warranty. See manual for details.