Accu-CT ACTL-1250 CT
$56.00 – $77.00
The Accu-CT revenue grade, split-core current transformer offers outstanding linearity and very low phase angle error with easy one-handed opening and closing, even wearing gloves.
The standard Accu-CT meets IEEE C57.13 class 1.2 and when ordered Option C0.6 it meets class 0.6 accuracy standards. Each Option C0.6 CT ships with a certificate of calibration.
Oval Window Opening 1.25 x 1.83 in. 250 A, 400 A, and 600 A models
The Patented Accu-CT split-core current transformer technology delivers exceptional linearity and low-end accuracy. Developed specifically for solar inverter, variable speed motor drive, and other applications where there are large variations in current. The 100:1 turn down ratio of Accu-CTs is ten times better than industry standard CTs. The unique one-handed opening and closing mechanism makes installation a snap.
ACT series CTs are available in both standard and revenue grade accuracy models. Revenue grade models ship with a serialized certificate of calibration.
The oval opening can handle a single 750 kcmil (MCM) conductor or two 350 kcmil (MCM) conductors.
- Safe: burden resistor built-in, 333 mVac voltage output at rated full scale current—no shorting blocks needed!
- UL 2808 Listed meets 2017 NEC code requirement for field installed CTs
- IEEE C57.13 and IEC 60044-1 accuracy: over full temperature range and down to below 1% of rated current
- Exceptionally low phase angle error: essential for accurate power and energy measurements
- Glove-friendly: easy to open and install with one hand while wearing safety gloves
- Approvals: CE mark, RoHS
- Accu-CT Series Sales Sheet (PDF)
- ACT-1250 Installation Manual (PDF)
Accu-CT® ACT-1250 Split-Core CTs
|ACT-1250-250 Opt C0.6||250||$67.00 each|
|ACT-1250-400 Opt C0.6||400||$67.00 each|
|ACT-1250-600 Opt C0.6||600||$67.00 each|
Warning: Hazardous Voltages – Only qualified personnel or licensed electricians should install the WattNode meter and current transformers.
- Graphs show typical performance at 23°C, 60 Hz
- Graph shows a positive phase angle when the output leads the primary current.
The accuracy specifications apply over the full operating temperature range (-30°C to 55°C) unless otherwise noted. Standard models are calibrated for optimum accuracy at 50-60 Hz.
The following accuracy specifications apply to the standard model (no options) or for Option C0.6; the specifications may vary for other options, so see the details on individual options for specifications.
- Accuracy: ±0.75% from 1% to 120% of rated primary current
- Phase angle: ±0.50 degrees (30 minutes) from 1% to 120% of rated current
- IEEE C57.13 accuracy: class 1.2 from 1% to 120% of rated current
- IEC 60044-1 accuracy: class 1.0 from 1% to 120% of rated current
Revenue Grade Accuracy
With Option C0.6, the Accu-CT is calibrated and verified to meet IEEE/ANSI C57.13-2008 class 0.6 accuracy and IEC 60044-1 class 0.5 S accuracy and each CT is shipped with a certificate of calibration.
- Accuracy: ±0.50% from 1% to 120% of rated primary current
- Phase angle: ±0.25 degrees (15 minutes) from 1% to 120% of rated current
- IEEE C57.13 accuracy: class 0.6 from 1% to 120% of rated current
- IEC 60044-1 accuracy: class 0.5 and 0.5 S from 1% to 120% of rated current
- Primary rating: 250 to 600 amps nominal
- Voltage and Measurement category/
- 600 Vac, CAT IV (service entrance) for pollution degree 2
- 250 Vac, CAT III for pollution degree 3
- Line frequency: 50 to 60 Hz nominal (available for up to 400 Hz)
- Maximum continuous primary amps: 720 amps
- Maximum primary conductor gauge: (see Wire Gauges)
- One 750 kcmil THHN conductor (1.14 inch nominal diameter with insulation)
- Two 350 kcmil THHN conductors. They must be in close contact to both fit.
- Output: 333.33 mVac or 1.00 Vac (with Option 1V)
- Output lead wires:
- Standard length: 8 ft (2.4 m)
- Gauge: #18 AWG
- Type: MTW, UL 1015
- Voltage: 600 Vac
- Style: Two conductor: white and black, twisted
- Internal Burden Resistance: see ACT-1250 Internal Burden Resistance
- Width: 4.50 inches (114.0 mm)
- Height: 3.30 inches (83.4 mm)
- Thickness: 1.58 inches (40.2 mm)
- Window: 1.83 x 1.26 inches (46.5 x 32.0 mm)
- Weight: 13.9 oz (395 gm)
- Material: PC/ABS
- Operating temperature: -30°C to 75°C (–22°F to 167°F)
- Altitude: up to 3000 m (9840 feet)
- Operating Humidity: 5 to 95% relative humidity (RH)
- Pollution Degree:
- 2 (controlled environment) for CAT IV, 600 Vac
- 3 (harsh environment) for CAT III, 250 Vac
- Indoor Use: Suitable for indoor use.
- Outdoor Use: Suitable for outdoor use when mounted in a NEMA 3R or 4 (IP 66) rated enclosure, provided the ambient temperature will not exceed 75°C (167°F).
- UL listed: file number E363660 (XOBA), standard UL 2808
- cUL listed (Canada): file number E363660 (XOBA7), standard CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1
- CE mark: pending
- Assembled in USA
- Label barcode: QR Code, “Model ; SerialNum”
With Option C0.6, the Accu-CT meets IEEE/ANSI C57.13-2008 class 0.6 accuracy and IEC 60044-1 class 0.5 and class 0.5 S accuracy from -30°C to 55°C and from 1% to 120% of rated primary current (see CT Accuracy Standards).
- Accuracy improves to ±0.5% from 1% to 120% of rated primary current from -30°C to 55°C.
- Phase angle improves to ±0.25 degrees from 1% to 120% of rated primary current from -30°C to 55°C.
- Includes a certificate of calibration
- Order option C0.6,N if you need the C0.6 accuracy, but do not need a certificate of calibration.
The ACT-1250 series of transformers are not available with a 50 Hz option, because it is not needed. The standard models (including Opt C0.6) meet the accuracy specifications over the full range from 50 to 60 Hz.
The Accu-CT can be ordered with custom lead lengths. For example, Opt FT=50 for 50 foot leads. We also sell extra lead wire to allow for field extension of the leads. Option FT does not affect the accuracy specifications.
The Accu-CT advanced options are generally not useful when ordering the Accu-CT for use with a WattNode® meter, but may be useful for other applications.