- Accu-CT Series Brochure (PDF, 2 pages)
- ACTL-1250 Datasheet (PDF, 5 pages)
- ACTL-1250 C0.3 Datasheet (PDF, 7 pages)
- ACTL-1250 Installation Guide (PDF, 2 pages)
Oval Window Opening 1.25 x 1.83 in. ideal for two parallel conductors
Three current ranges 250 A, 400 A, and 600 A
The patented Accu-CT split-core current transformer technology delivers exceptional linearity and low-end accuracy. Developed specifically for solar inverter, variable speed motor drive, and other applications where there are large variations in current. The 100:1 turn down ratio of Accu-CTs is ten times better than industry standard CTs. The unique one-handed opening and closing mechanism makes installation a snap.
ACTL series CTs are available in both standard and revenue grade accuracy models. Revenue grade models ship with a serialized calibration certificate .
The oval opening can handle a single 750 kcmil (MCM) conductor or two 350 kcmil (MCM) conductors.
- Safe: burden resistor built-in, standard 0.333 Vac output at rated full scale current—no shorting blocks needed!
- UL 2808 Listed meets 2017 NEC code requirement for field installed CTs
- IEEE C57.13 and IEC 60044-1 accuracy: over full temperature range and down to below 1% of rated current
- Exceptionally low phase angle error: essential for accurate power and energy measurements
- Glove-friendly: easy to open and install with one hand while wearing safety gloves
- Approvals: CE mark, RoHS
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Antimony Trioxide, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Graphs show typical performance at 23°C, 60 Hz
- Graph shows a positive phase angle when the output leads the primary current.
The accuracy specifications apply over the full operating temperature range (-30°C to 55°C) unless otherwise noted. Standard models are calibrated for optimum accuracy at 50-60 Hz.
The following accuracy specifications apply to the standard model (no options), for Option C0.6, and for Option C0.3; the specifications may vary for other options, so see the details on individual options for specifications.
- Accuracy: ±0.75% from 1% to 120% of rated primary current
- Phase angle: ±0.50 degrees (30 minutes) from 1% to 120% of rated current
- IEEE C57.13 accuracy: class 1.2 from 1% to 120% of rated current
- IEC 60044-1 accuracy: class 1.0 from 1% to 120% of rated current
REVENUE GRADE ACCURACY
With Option C0.6, the Accu-CT is calibrated and verified to meet IEEE/ANSI C57.13-2008 class 0.6 accuracy and IEC 60044-1 class 0.5 S accuracy and each CT is shipped with a certificate of calibration.
- Accuracy: ±0.50% from 1% to 120% of rated primary current
- Phase angle: ±0.25 degrees (15 minutes) from 1% to 120% of rated current
- IEEE C57.13 accuracy: class 0.6 from 1% to 120% of rated current
- IEC 60044-1 accuracy: class 0.5 and 0.5 S from 1% to 120% of rated current
With Option C0.3, the Accu-CT meets IEEE/ANSI C57.13-2008 class 0.3 accuracy and IEC 60044-1 class 0.5 and class 0.5 S accuracy and each CT is shipped with a certificate of calibration.
- Accuracy: ±0.30% from 1% to 120% of rated current, -30°C to +75°C
- Phase Angle: within ±2 Hz from nominal line frequency (either 50 Hz or 60 Hz)
- ±0.125 degrees (7.5 minutes) from 10% to 120% of rated current, -30°C to +55°C
- ±0.25 degrees (15 minutes) from 1% to 120% of rated current, -30°C to +75°C
- IEEE C57.13 Accuracy: class 0.3 from 1% to 120% of rated current
- IEC 60044-1 and IEC 61869-2 Accuracy: class 0.5 and 0.5S from 1% to 120% of rated current
- Primary rating: 250 to 600 amps nominal
- Voltage and Measurement category/
- 600 Vac, CAT IV (service entrance) for pollution degree 2
- 250 Vac, CAT III for pollution degree 3
- Line frequency: 50 to 60 Hz nominal (available for up to 400 Hz)
- Maximum continuous primary amps: 720 amps
- Maximum primary conductor gauge: (see Wire Gauges)
- One 750 kcmil THHN conductor (1.14 inch nominal diameter with insulation)
- Two 350 kcmil THHN conductors. They must be in close contact to both fit.
- Output: 0.333 Vac or 1.00 Vac (with Option 1V)
- Output lead wires:
- Style: Two conductor, white and black twisted pair
- Standard length: 8 ft (2.4 m)
- Gauge: #20 AWG
- Type: MTW, UL 1015
- Voltage: 600 Vac
- Internal Burden Resistance: see ACT-1250 Internal Burden Resistance
- Width: 4.50 inches (114.0 mm)
- Height: 3.30 inches (83.4 mm)
- Thickness: 1.58 inches (40.2 mm)
- Window: 1.83 x 1.26 inches (46.5 x 32.0 mm)
- Weight: 13.9 oz (395 gm)
- Material: PC/ABS
- Operating temperature: -30°C to 75°C (–22°F to 167°F)
- Altitude: up to 3000 m (9840 feet)
- Operating Humidity: 5 to 95% relative humidity (RH)
- Pollution Degree:
- 2 (controlled environment) for CAT IV, 600 Vac
- 3 (harsh environment) for CAT III, 250 Vac
- Indoor Use: Suitable for indoor use.
- Outdoor Use: Suitable for outdoor use when mounted in a NEMA 3R or 4 (IP 66) rated enclosure, provided the ambient temperature will not exceed 75°C (167°F).
- UL listed: file number E363660 (XOBA), standard UL 2808
- cUL listed (Canada): file number E363660 (XOBA7), standard CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1
- CE mark: IEC 60044-1; ACTL-1250-Declaration-of-Conformity
- Assembled in USA
- Label barcode: QR Code, “Model ; SerialNum”
ACCU-CT® ACT-1250 SPLIT-CORE CTS
|ACTL-1250-250 Opt C0.6||Revenue Grade (C0.6)||250||$69.68 each|
|ACTL-1250-400 Opt C0.6||Revenue Grade (C0.6)||400||$69.68 each|
|ACTL-1250-600 Opt C0.6||Revenue Grade (C0.6)||600||$69.68 each|
|ACTL-1250-250 Opt C0.3||Revenue Grade (C0.3)||250||$80.08 each|
|ACTL-1250-400 Opt C0.3||Revenue Grade (C0.3)||400||$80.08 each|
|ACTL-1250-600 Opt C0.3||Revenue Grade (C0.3)||600||$80.08 each|
- List prices for quantity 1 to 30 pieces. Call for pricing on larger quantities.
- Max Amps is the recommended maximum continuous current. See ACTL-1250 Maximum Amps for details.
With Option C0.6, the Accu-CT meets IEEE/ANSI C57.13-2008 class 0.6 accuracy and IEC 60044-1 class 0.5 and class 0.5 S accuracy from -30°C to 55°C and from 1% to 120% of rated primary current (see CT Accuracy Standards).
- Accuracy improves to ±0.5% from 1% to 120% of rated primary current from -30°C to 55°C.
- Phase angle improves to ±0.25 degrees from 1% to 120% of rated primary current from -30°C to 55°C.
- Includes a calibration certificate
With Option C0.3, the Accu-CT meets IEEE/ANSI C57.13-2008 class 0.3 accuracy and IEC 60044-1 class 0.5 and class 0.5 S accuracy from -30°C to 55°C and from 1% to 120% of rated primary current (see CT Accuracy Standards).
- Accuracy improves to ±0.3% from 1% to 120% of rated primary current from -30°C to 55°C.
- Phase angle improves to ±0.125 degrees from 10% to 120% of rated current from -30°C to +55°C.
- Includes a calibration certificate
- Opt C0.3 CTs for use on 50 Hz electrical systems should be ordered with option 50 Hz for best accuracy.
The ACTL-1250 class 1.2 and class 0.6 series of transformers are not available with a 50 Hz option, because it is not needed. These models meet the accuracy specifications over the full range from 50 to 60 Hz. Class 0.3 series CTs should be ordered with option 50 Hz for best accuracy.
The Accu-CT can be ordered with custom lead lengths. For example, Opt FT=50 for 50 foot leads. We also sell extra lead wire to allow for field extension of the leads. Option FT does not affect the accuracy specifications.
The Accu-CT advanced options are generally not useful when ordering the Accu-CT for use with a WattNode® meter, but may be useful for other applications.