The remote LCD displays connects only to WNB Series Pulse Output WattNode® meters to display power (watts or kilowatts) and/or energy (kilowatt-hours). The display can be mounted in a rectangular cutout on the front of a service panel, junction box, or any other panel up to 0.2 in. (5mm) thick. Using the adjustable decimal point and scale factor, you can display almost any desired resolution or range.
- Pulse Input – Compatible with P-Series WattNodes pulse output meters.
- Panel Mount – Meets NEMA-4X when used with provided gasket.
- Four Year Battery Life – Uses 3 volt lithium battery.
- Eight Digits – Large 0.43″ (11 mm) digits.
- Backlighting Available – Requires 10-30 Vdc power supply.
The energy display shows accumulated watt-hours (Wh), kilowatt-hours (kWh) or megawatt-hours (MWh). The scale factor and decimal point can be adjusted to display in the following units: WH, hundredths of kWh, tenths of kWh, kWh, or thousandths of MWh. With appropriate scale factors, the display overflow interval (from all 9’s back to 0) can be set from less than a year to over a hundred years.
The power display shows the current power consumption in watts or kilowatts.
The combo display toggles between displaying power and energy at the press of a button.
The energy total can be reset either by pressing the ‘RST’ button or with a remote wired reset button. To prevent unauthorized resetting, the front panel reset button can be disabled. The remote reset connects to the rear screw terminals. If a locking NEMA enclosure is used, then a key switch can be connected to the remote reset, allowing reset only with the use of a key.
- Scale Factor: 0.0001 – 100.0000
- Decimal Point: 5 positions, programmable
- Enclosure: Panel mount box, 2.95 x 1.57 x 1.52 in. (75 x 40 x 38.5 mm)
- Panel Cutout: 2.68 x 1.30 in. (68 x 33 mm)
- Panel Thickness: Up to 0.20 in.(5 mm)
- Weight: 2.36 oz (67 g )
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 55°C
- Storage Temperature: -20° to 70°C
- Humidity: 5 to 90% RH (non-condensing)
- Battery Powered: 3 V Lithium 2/3 A, replace every four years
- Pulse Rate: 0 – 20 Hz
Models and Pricing
List prices for 1 piece quantities. Call for pricing on larger quantities.
|LCDA-E||Energy||WH, kWh or MWH||$150.00 each|
|LCDA-P||Power||W or kW||$150.00 each|
|LCDA-EP||Energy and Power||W, WH, kW, kWh, MWH||$185.00 each|
Why Use Opt Hz=20 with the LCDA-P or LCDA-EP Displays?
The WattNode® Pulse meter normally generates four pulses per second (4 Hz) at full-scale power (nominal voltage and rated current). This works well for most applications, but has two shortcomings if the WattNode Pulse meter is used with the LCDA-P (power) or the LCDA-EP (energy / power) displays to read power.
- After ten seconds without seeing a pulse, the LCD display will report 0 for power. This is equivalent to a pulse frequency of 0.1 Hz (one pulse every ten seconds). With a 4 Hz full-scale output, this occurs when the power falls below 2.5% of full-scale. By comparison, with a 20 Hz full-scale output, the display will show power values down to 0.5% of full-scale power.
- The display only updates when a new pulse arrives. So a 4 Hz output results in an update rate 5X slower on average for a given power level. When running at 5% of rated power, the 4 Hz model would result in a display update every 5 seconds, while the 20 Hz model will update the display once a second at the same power level.
Note: the energy (kWh) displays are not affected by these concerns and work equally well with the standard 4 Hz or the optional 20 Hz pulse output rates.