$190.00 – $280.00
The WattNode Meter Enclosure is a UL 508A Listed, NEMA 4 rated, steel enclosure for a single meter. It saves installation time and cost for installations where an enclosure is required.
The meter enclosure price does not include the price of the WattNode meter or current transformers. We recommend ordering the enclosure as an accessory when you are ordering the WattNode meter so that we know which WattNode goes with which enclosure. When the enclosure is ordered with a WattNode meter, the meter comes preinstalled.
Meter enclosures are not provided with holes or knockouts, so you will need to drill or punch any required holes.
- UL 508A Listed industrial control panel
- NEMA 3R, 4, 12, and 13 and IEC 60529, IP66 rated
- Waterproof when used with raintight conduit hubs
- Size: 10 x 8 x 4 inch (254 x 203 x 102 mm)
- Material: powder coated 16 gauge steel
- Door latch: quarter turn slot
- Mounting: external 14 gauge brackets
- Available with circuit breaker or fuses
- Standard five-year limited warranty
WattNode® Meter Enclosure – Models & Pricing
|Model||Price||Overcurrent Protection||Disconnect||Service Voltages|
|Three-phase circuit breaker||Yes||120 to 480 Vac|
|Three-phase fuses||No||120 to 600 Vac|
|None||No||120 to 600 Vac|
The ME1-F-1 and ME1-N-1 do not contain an internal disconnect switch, so an external disconnect switch or circuit breaker is required to disconnect power. The fuse holder is not rated to be operated under load and may not be used as a means of disconnect.
Normally the WattNode Meter Enclosure is ordered with a WattNode meter and the meter will be installed at the factory. If you need to purchase an enclosure without the meter, contact CCS to specify the model of the meter that will be installed, so that CCS builds the enclosure with the correct labeling and wiring diagram.
CCS can make custom UL 508A enclosures. Contact sales for more information.
- Line Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Nominal Vac: see the specifications for the installed WattNode meter
- Maximum Meter Load: 50 mA
- Short Circuit Current Rating: 10 kA
Field Wiring Connections
- Line Voltage (L1, L2, and L3): 12 AWG wire recommended, copper only, 75°C rated
- Circuit breaker (ME1-C-1): 14 to 10 AWG, screw torque 30 lbs·in (4 Nm)
- Fuse holder (ME1-F-1): 14 to 10 AWG, screw torque 17.7 lbs·in (2 Nm)
- Screw terminals (ME1-N-1): 14 to 10 AWG, screw torque 14.2 lbs·in (1.6 Nm)
- Neutral: Gray screw terminal, 14 to 10 AWG, screw torque 14.2 lbs·in (1.6 Nm)
- Ground: Green/yellow screw terminal, 14 to 10 AWG, screw torque 14.2 lbs·in (1.6 Nm)
- Current Transformers: Meter black six position pluggable screw terminal block, 28 to 12 AWG, screw torque 4.4 lbs·in, (0.5 Nm)
- Communication / Pulse Output: Meter black four position pluggable screw terminal block, 28 to 12 AWG, screw torque 4.4 lbs·in, (0.5 Nm)
- UL 508A Listed industrial control panel (U.S. and Canada), file number E495898
Note: the specific components are subject to change without notice.
- Enclosure: Hammond Mfg EJ1084, UL 508A Type 3R, 4, 12, and 13; CSA Type 3R, 4, 12, and 13
- Circuit Breaker: GE EP103ULH4C0.5 ElfaPlus, UL 489, 480 Vac, 0.5 A, 10 kA interrupting rating
- Circuit breaker padlock bracket: GE 283-190, an optional padlock bracket is provided for lockout use
- Fuse Holder: Littelfuse LPSC0003Z, UL 4248-1 Class CC, 3 poles, 600 Vac, 30 A, 200 kA interrupting rating
- Fuses: Bussmann FNQ-R-1/2, Class CC, UL 248-4, 600 Vac, 0.5 A, 200 kA interrupting rating
- Screw Terminals: Allen-Bradley 1492-J6, UL 486A-486B, 600 Vac, 30 A
- General Wiring: 12 AWG, stranded, 600 V, 90°C, UL style 1015
- Ground Strap: 12 AWG, stranded, 600 V, 105°C, UL MTW Class K, UL style 1015
- Indoor Use: Suitable for indoor use
- Outdoor Use: Suitable for outdoor use. WARNING: Direct sunlight exposure may cause overheating.
- Type: Hammond Eclipse Junior
- Enclosure Accessory: padlock adapter for lockout
- NEMA Rating: 3R, 4, 12, and 13
- IP Rating: IP66
- Exterior Dimensions:
- Width: 8.0 inches (203 mm)
- Height (without mounting tabs): 10.0 inches (254 mm)
- Height (with mounting tabs): 11.5 inches (292 mm)
- Elevation: 4.66 inches (118 mm)
- Mounting Plate: 6.88 by 8.75 inches (172 by 222 mm), 14-gauge galvanized steel
There are no conduit knockouts in the meter enclosure as shipped, but instructions and templates for punching holes are provided.
The following are approximate weights of the completed enclosure with the meter installed.
- ME1-C-1: 4 pounds (4.3 kg)
- ME1-F-1: 9 pounds (4.0 kg)
- ME1-N-1: 6 pounds (3.9 kg)
- WattNode Enclosure Brochure (PDF, 2 pages)
- ME1 WattNode Meter Enclosure Datasheet (PDF, 3 pages)
- PE1 WattNode Meter Enclosure Datasheet (PDF, 3 pages)
- Meter Enclosure mechanical drawing (PDF)
- Meter Enclosure conduit hole location template drawing (PDF)
- ME1-C-1 Supplement Instructions (PDF)
- ME1-F-1 Supplement Instructions (PDF)
- ME1-N-1 Supplement Instructions (PDF)
- ME1-C-1 for 3Y-208 Wiring Diagram (PDF)
- ME1-C-1 for 3Y-400 Wiring Diagram (PDF)
- ME1-C-1 for 3Y-480 Wiring Diagram (PDF)
- ME1-C-1 for 3D-240 Wiring Diagram (PDF)
- ME1-C-1 for 3D-400 Wiring Diagram (PDF)
- ME1-C-1 for 3D-480 Wiring Diagram (PDF)
- ME1-F-1 for 3Y-600 Wiring Diagram (PDF)
- ME1-N-1 for 3Y-208 Wiring Diagram (PDF)
- ME1-N-1 for 3Y-400 Wiring Diagram (PDF)
- ME1-N-1 for 3Y-480 Wiring Diagram (PDF)
- ME1-N-1 for 3Y-600 Wiring Diagram (PDF)
- ME1-N-1 for 3D-240 Wiring Diagram (PDF)
- ME1-N-1 for 3D-400 Wiring Diagram (PDF)
- ME1-N-1 for 3D-480 Wiring Diagram (PDF)