The following is a list of BACnet software that may be useful for testing, configuring, or monitoring the WattNode® BACnet® meter. We have used some, but not all of these programs and are not endorsing any particular programs above others.
- CAS BACnet Explorer — BACnet software for building automation
- Cimetrics — BACnet OPC server, Basomatic, etc. Also, their network protocol analyzer B2110c can be used to capture traffic on the network.
- VTS — Visual Test Shell for Win32, used for visually testing a BACnet implementation. It also includes a detailed network sniffer for BACnet messages, and the ability to send any BACnet services. May be aimed at BACnet/IP products. Free, open source
- WireShark — Protocol analyzer. See http://steve.kargs.net/ for information on using it
- To capture traffic on an MSTP network, you will need to either run Karg’s software with an RS485 adapter or use a protocol analyzer from which Wireshark can capture
- PcVue Scada — free demo mode
- SCADA engine — BACnet Software for Building Automation
- BACnet Server — Open source server for testing BACnet clients
- InneaBACnetExplorer — Free and professional versions. BACnet/IP only