This page describes a series of weatherproof electrical enclosure suitable for installing WattNode meters outdoors. For indoor use, WattNode meters can be installed in any appropriate enclosure. For outdoor use, UL has approved mounting the WattNode inside a Hammond Manufacturing, Eclipse Junior Series Single Door Enclosure. The EJ series enclosures are UL rated NEMA 4 (IP 66); outdoor/indoor watertight.
The enclosure is 16 gauge steel without knockouts, so a hole saw or metal punch is required to install conduit fittings. It includes a removable 14 gauge back panel mounting plate and screws, but does not include screws to mount the enclosure to a wall.
EJ Series Enclosure Specs
- UL 508 Type 3R, 4, 12, and 13
- CSA Type Type 3R, 4, 12, and 13
- NEMA Type 3R, 4, 12, and 13
- IEC 60529, IP66
- Include removable panel on which the WattNode meter can be pre-mounted.
- Quarter-turn latch. Keyed lock available.
- Available in sizes up to 14″ x 16″.
Recommended Sizes / Models
These are appropriate sizes for one or two WattNodes.
- EJ863: 8″ tall, 6″ wide, 3.5″ deep, $64 at http://www.newark.com. This is barely big enough for one WattNode. It is taller than wide (not ideal for WattNodes), and wiring it would be tight.
- EJ683: 6″ tall, 8″ wide, 3.5″ deep, $64 at http://www.newark.com. This is barely big enough for one WattNode, and wiring it would be tight.
- EJ8104: 8″ tall, 10″ wide, 4″ deep, $67 at http://www.newark.com. This is wider than tall and is a comfortable fit for a WattNode.
- EJ1084: 10″ tall, 8″ wide, 4″ deep, $78 at http://www.newark.com. This is taller than wide and is a comfortable fit for a WattNode.
There are larger sizes available suitable for more then two WattNodes.
- Key lock
- Knob to allow finger opening