The Multiple Power Meter model MCM is a Modbus® RTU RS-485 or Modbus/TCP Ethernet networked multi-load power monitor that measures power (kW) and kilowatt hour (kWh) energy on single or 3 phases services with voltages from 120 to 600 volts Vac and currents from 5 to 6,000 amps in delta (phase to phase) and wye (phase to neutral) configurations. The MCM multiple power meter can be order in blocks of 12 CT inputs, from 12 to 84 inputs (12, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72, 84).
This networked multi-load power meter is based on the WattNode Wide-Range Modbus meter. Each sub-meter in the MCM has the same register set as the Wide-Range meter but they are powered from the MCM’s common fixed voltage power supply.
Each MCM multi-circuit meter is packaged in a NEMA rated enclosure, with line voltage protection (fuses or circuit breaker), screw terminal blocks, and a DC power supply for the sub-meters, all pre-wired as a UL 508A Listed industrial control panel, tested, and ready to install.
- MCM Sales Brochure (PDF, 1 page)
- MCM Datasheet (PDF, 6 pages)
- MCM Installation Guide (PDF, 23 pages)
- WattNode Wide-Range for Modbus – Reference Manual (PDF, 82 pages)
- MCM Installation Record (Link Multiple PDFs)
- MCM-Modbus-Register-List.xls (XLS, 86k)
Multiple Power Meter Features
- Up to 84 single-phase or 28 three-phase circuits
- Available in blocks of 12 to 84 ct inputs (12, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72, 84)
- Modbus/TCP over Ethernet or Modbus/RTU over RS-485
- Revenue grade system accuracy with Accu-CT class C0.6 CTs or better
- ANSI C12.20 class 0.5 and ANSI C12.1 accuracy
- One model can measure 100 to 600 Vac, single-phase or three-phase, wye or delta services
- Modbus registers can reverse CT polarity and change the assignment of CTs to voltage phases to correct wiring errors
- Modbus registers can assign different CT amps for each input
- Diagnostic LEDs for each CT input and for the RS-485 Modbus communication
- Works with any 0.333 Vac current transformers and milliamp output CTs
- All Current Transformers (CTs)
- Line powered from 100 to 600 Vac
- UL 508A, FCC, RoHS
- For a full list of features see the manual.
- True RMS Energy: kWh (phase A, B, C, and sum of phases)
- True RMS Power: Watts (phase A, B, C, and sum of phases)
- Reactive Energy: kVAR-hours (phase A, B, C, and sum of phases)
- Reactive Power: VARs (phase A, B, C, and sum of phases)
- Power Factor: (phase A, B, C, and sum of phases)
- RMS voltage (phase A, B, C, and average)
- RMS current (phase A, B, C, and average)
- AC Line Frequency
- Demand and peak demand
- And 90+ additional measurements
Many of the MCM registers can be custom configured at the factory for an additional programming charge. See the MCM manual (pdf) for more information about available options. Some options cannot be ordered on line. Please contact our Sales Team at email@example.com or call 303-444-7422 to request a quote or place an order for meters with options.