If you need a WattNode® meter for LonWorks® that behaves like our old WNB series models (models numbers WNB-xx-xxx-FT10), then you should order a WNC-xx-xxx-FT10 Option B. The Option B WattNode meters are very similar to the original WNB series WattNode Plus models, but with a few changes:
- New program ID: 8:00022:1500:0A04:05. Because there are some hardware changes, LonMaker® requires a new program ID.
- Energy and time of day are stored to non-volatile memory every 5 seconds. The old version stored these every 20 seconds.
- The energy log has been removed (see the WattNode Logger for LonWorks if you need logging). The nviLogRequest and nvoLogData variables still exist, but do nothing.
- The network variable list is identical to the original WNB Series WattNode Plus meter. Note that the WNB Plus meters did not support an nviResetEnergy command.
- Firmware version 3.0x (3.03 as of March 31st, 2009)
- WattNode-Install-Manual-LonWorks.pdf – Short installation manual
- WattNode for LonWorks – Option B – Reference Manual (pdf)
- WattNode for LonWorks – Option B – External Interface File (xif)
- WattNode for LonWorks – Option B – Firmware Version 3.03 – Firmware upgrade
- MS-15-WNC-LonWorks-Option-B.pdf – This manual supplement discusses using WNC series LonWorks meters with Option B to replace older WNB series WattNode meters.