Options for 1 Volt, No Load, and High Frequency Accu-CTs
The Accu-CT advanced options are generally not needed when ordering the Accu-CT for use with a WattNode® meter, but may be useful for other applications. See the ACTL-0750 Main Page for information on the more common options.
1.000 Vac full-scale output voltage. Check with CCS for accuracy specifications for Option 1V models. This option is available on ACTL Series revenue grade (option C0.6) CTs (50A, 70A, 100A, 150A, 200A, and 250A) for an additional 15%. The one volt output is NOT compatible with WattNode meters.
- See ACTL-0750 Maximum Amps for maximum continuous amps with Opt 1V.
- The 5A model (ACTL-0750-005 Opt 1V) phase performance fails to meet class 1.2 accuracy below -10°C, so the ACTL-0750-005 Opt 1V accuracy specifications have a reduced temperature range of -10°C to +55°C.
Standard Accu-CT models are calibrated for optimum accuracy with a 23 kΩ load resistance to match the input load resistance of the WattNode meter. With option NL, the Accu-CT is calibrated for optimum accuracy with a 1 MΩ or higher load resistance. Option NL does not affect the accuracy specifications, so the CT will meet the same accuracy limits that it would meet without Option NL. Option NL is NOT compatible with WattNode meters.
This option improves the high frequency performance by eliminating the phase angle compensation capacitance.
- Very flat frequency response up to 10 kHz.
- Nominal phase angle error increases to approximately 0.75 degrees. The phase angle curve remains very flat from 1% to 120% of rated primary current.
- Due to the increased phase angle error, this option no longer meets IEEE C57.13 accuracy requirements.