This article lists some of the available Windows® Modbus® software used by programmers for configuring and monitoring Modbus devices, including the WattNode® Modbus. Continental Control Systems does not endorse any of these companies and we do not sell any software products. Please contact the manufacturers directly for information on their various versions and pricing.
- Modbus Poll: Full featured Modbus master; support available. For notes on using Modbus Poll with the WattNode, see Modbus Poll Notes
- Modscan32: General purpose Modbus monitoring software
- SimplyModbus: General purpose Modbus monitoring software
- PortMon: Windows serial communication monitoring software – debug only, not for general purpose use
- PvBrowser: Open source with graphing; supports many protocols in addition to Modbus TCP. Has a code generator for creating servers
- CAS Modbus Scanner: Free, debug only, supports both Serial RTU and Modbus TCP
- EZ Data Logger: Free PC based data logging, control, and monitoring software for systems with up to 64 I/O tags
- Modbus Tester (Serial Port Monitor): Windows Modbus diagnostic software with standard and pro versions.
Modbus protocol stack
Support for software developers writing code for Modbus devices:
- ModbusDRIVERS.com Source for commercial Modbus software packages.